EBC RACING™ HIGH PERFORMANCE & RACE ONLY PADS
EBC YellowStuff Brake Pads
- EBC flagship fast road and light track upgrade offering maximum improvement in braking performance compared to OE.
- Excellent cold bite coupled with high temperature fade resistance.
- Ideal for fastest street use and occasional track use with any type of vehicle.
- Drastically reduced stopping distances compared to OE.
- Brake-In™ coating for accelerated pad bed in period.
- Suitable for light track use.
EBC BlueStuff Brake Pads
- Fastest street, endurance race and track material with highest cold friction of any EBC material.
- Excellent wear life when operated at temperatures 0-600 C0 (1100 F0).
- Massive cold bite makes these pads suitable for street driving, or for driving to/from the track.
- Very easy on rotors resulting in minimal rotor wear.
- Developed for track use however EBC BlueStuff are fully R90 approved and therefore street legal
EBC Orangestuff Brake Pads
- Highest performing race bred compound with zero brake fade up to temperatures exceeding 750 C0 (1400 F0).
- Works best on heavy, high powered vehicles where maximum braking performance is necessary.
- K cold bite makes these pads acceptable for street driving, but brakes become increasingly positive as temperatures rise a little.
- Low metal content makes pads easy on rotors, resulting is less frequent changing of brake rotors.
- Developed for track use.
Uprated Brake Pads & Discs
Designed for vehicles driven hard on track, RP-X™ possesses a high friction level of 0.55 between 0 – 850°C and achieves 100% brake effect from cold. This makes RP-X™ an excellent choice for sprint racing or hill climb events, where full brake performance is essential without requiring any ‘warming up’, but also makes RP-X™ well suited to any type of circuit use where a high initial bite and powerful brake response is desirable.
EBC Racing would like to emphasise that it is not a case of RP-X™ being ‘better’ than RP-1™, rather it is ‘different’ and designed to provide a distinctly different response characteristic (more aggressive bite) which some drivers may prefer. For a detailed comparison between the 2 materials, please read the following article where we aim to help you make an informed choice on which material is likely to work best for your application and individual driving style.
NOW AVAILABLE: EBC BRAKES RACING FULLY FLOATING TWO-PIECE DISCS FOR G8X BMW M3/M4 MODELS
– G80 BMW M3 (2021- ) (inc. Competition models)
– G82 BMW M4 (2021- ) (inc. Competition models)
– G83 BMW M4 Convertible (2021- ) (inc. Competition models)
(PLEASE NOTE: Not suitable for vehicles with the optional carbon ceramic brake upgrade installed)
Part Number: SG2F022
Product Type: Two-piece fully floating brake disc
BMW Two-Piece Fully-Floating Rotor
- EBC’s 380x36mm two-piece fully floating discs are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original ‘pin-drive’ brake discs without vehicle modification.
- Unlike the stock pin-drive discs which do not float, EBC’s SG2F fully floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating disc warping.
- Discs are grooved unlike the original rotors which are perforated. This allows the pad to vent without the holes becoming epicentres for disc cracking.
- Race-derived G3500-grade high-carbon cast iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
- Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
- Cast iron friction rings feature 48 curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake disc’s ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
- Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
- Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the
aluminium bell and stainless-steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.